To create accurate 3D models and peripheral data assets specific to the Air Traffic Control industry to agreed project deadlines and budget.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Creating 3D airport models using Micro Nav’s BEST 3D Create.
- Creating an airfield ground environment.
- Modelling and UV mapping of buildings, vehicles, aircraft and characters to multiple levels of detail.
- Texturing buildings, vehicles, aircraft and characters.
- Manipulating imagery for use with 3D models.
- Creating voice communications and lighting panels using proprietary tools.
- To comply with the requirements of the company Quality Management System.
- Experienced in Autodesk 3ds Max (2013 or later preferred).
- Experienced in Adobe Photoshop (CS5 or later preferred).
- Experienced with HTML editor applications.
- Knowledge of Physically based rendering (PBR).
- Experience of version control systems.
- Experience of Blender (desirable, but not essential).
Education and Experience
- 5+ years’ experience as a 3D Artist or relevant degree-level qualification and 2 years’ experience as a 3D Artist.
- Good time management and planning skills.
- Attention to detail.
- Willingness to travel to customer sites to support, installation, configuration and acceptance of the simulator.
- Experience of dealing with internal departments and personnel at all levels.
- The ability to work effectively both independently and in a team.
- An interest in aviation.
The candidate should provide access to a portfolio of work that demonstrates these essential skills, and is expected to produce a test piece of work, if shortlisted for the role.